Saturday, July 5, 2008
Ciao! e "Estoy aqui???"
Primo, in my blog address - "Non parlo italiano ma quello che sara" (there ought to be an accent on that last a, but I don't see any options for that right now...) means "I don't speak Italian but whatever will be, will be." Also, seeing as about half of you know me as Katie and the other half as Kathryn (and some as Katie-Kathryn), it only seems fitting to sign off as "Katie-Kathryn" (add to this the fact that when I was little I thought my full name was Katie Kathryn Lorraine McGill; I think I'm regressing). In any event, I made it safely to Frascati! And my biggest problem right now is that I don't speak any Italian, but I do speak some Spanish, so my brain has been nicely confusing itself every time I try to say something. (Let me add that it has been 4 years since I have taken any Spanish classes or spoken any Spanish, and yet I am continually amazed by what my brain is dredging up!) There is just enough cross-over between the languages that when the little Italian I have learned this first week tries to speak up, Spanish decides to take over instead, and I end up speaking a jumbled mess of English, Spanish, and Italian (in that order). Luckily there are enough people around that speak at least some English that I've managed to take care of everything so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Katie - Grandma and I are reading your blog and she is printing them and keeping them in a folder. She has a pink notebook with your picture holding a Harry Potter book that you bought in England. Also all of your e-mails last year. All of the important things you have done. Now I am saving the Frascati events. Thank you so much Katie. We love you.
Grandma and Grandpa
Post a Comment