Views of my new work-place. It is a very nice brick building with very reflective windows! I think the architecture is pretty cool, and there is a large seminar room on the ground floor.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
My new, other, 'Room with a View'
I actually have a new office now - I was borrowing someone else's desk for a few weeks, but am now permanently settled for the rest of the summer! The new building is quite nice - it houses la biblioteca, and on the ground floor, it houses some models of various kinds of detectors and displays about particle physics. I'm on il primo piano (which in the US would mean the second floor) and have quite a nice view from my window. So, no complaints here about the move!

Model of a cryogenic gravitational wave detector on the ground floor of my building - I think the wooden person is my favorite part.
Sometimes I really luck out with the view - these were some awesome clouds. My desk isn't right next to the window, but I can still see out of it easily!
The terrace on the first/second floor of the building.
I pass this gate on my walk to work. It happened to be cloudy that day, and something in the loneliness of the place called to me, so I took a picture! My walk to work isn't quite as nice as when I walked through the Oxford University Gardens to the Materials Department last summer, but it's not too bad (and there are blackberry bushes growing along many strips of the road - yum!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment