So after torturing you guys with my lovely, brilliant, award-winning poem, I think I will tone it down a bit and just post some pictures of Frascati.
Let me add that Frascati is a very nice place to go and relax - it is rather amusing because it is about 20 minutes from Rome, so Roman families come here for a day trip to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city (and they did that in ancient times too!), and Frascati families always seem to go to Rome. It reminds me of something out of the Hitchhiker's Guide - akin to bypasses, perhaps? Anyways, for those of you familiar with San Diego, think Balboa Park on a large scale.
My favorite place in all of Frascati: the boulevard of Viale Vittorio Veneto. Green benches flank both sides; the left looks out towards Rome (Frascati is on a hill) and the right borders the main piazza - Piazza Guglielmo Marconi. People of all ages just come here in the afternoon and sit and watch the world go by. It's wonderful.
An apartment complex that I always pass when I walk up to the heart of Frascati. I think it is ridiculously cute.
This is one of Frascati's drinking fountains. I guess this is why you're told to carry bottled water when you're walking around Italy. I will add that I did actually see someone drink from a similar fountain elsewhere in Frascati - I was impressed, to say the least!
View across the Piazza Marconi up towards the Villa Aldobrandini.
This is Frascati's cathedral - Basilica of St. Peter Apostle in the Piazza San Pietro. Quite grand, I'd say. I think there was a wedding or something big happening when I took the picture because a lot of people were walking into the cathedral in very fancy clothes.
2 comments:
Katie - I am loving this blog! The pictures are fabulous! I hope you are relaxing and settling into a routine. Give your self the extra push you need to get out there and enjoy and explore while you have the chance. I guarantee you won't regret it!
Love, Cindy
love the pictures, katie! frascati looks beautiful! :) have you tried the water from the drinking fountains? it tastes surprisingly good. or maybe i was just really thirsty when i drank it. haha.
Post a Comment